Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Mitten vs. The Hat

This week we have been working on making connections to stories.  We have used The Mitten and The Hat for the students to connect to.  One thing I am working with the students on is being able to explain why they like something.  I want them to be able to use details about what they like about the story instead of saying "it's funny".  Since the students LOVED both of these books I decided to have the students pick their favorite and write why they liked it.  Here are some of their writing.

 I liked The Mitten book because the bear sneezed.

 I liked The Mitten book because the boy dropped the mitten.

 I liked The Mitten book because the bear sneezed.

"I liked The Hat book because the animals laughed at the hedgehog."

No comments:

Post a Comment